Tuesday, October 22, 2013

DIY Word Scarf


Supplies: -Newspaper
-Scarf(light color)
-Fabric Pens or Sharpie

You will also need your word templates. I chose to do random words in different fonts. But if you want to do a quote or saying you can as well. Picking a shorter quote might be best to make things easier. I also noticed it is difficult to keep the words in a straight line so take that into account too.

1. Lay down your newspaper and your words underneath the scarf. Figure out where you want your words to be on the scarf.

2. I found it better to use a Sharpie then the fabric pens. I used a fabric pen for the word "faith" and you can see that it bled a little. The word "hope" is in Sharpie.

3. Repeat tracing your words or quote until the whole scarf is finished. I decided to write the words randomly instead of in lines all over the scarf. 

Then your scarf is done and ready to wear!

No comments:

Post a Comment