Monday, September 23, 2013

Pendant Necklace

Supplies: Chain of your choice
Two sets of pliers
Wire cutters
Wire of your choice
4 open jump rings
1 lobster clasp
Pendant of choice


Here is a chart explaining wire gauges. I used 20 gauge, it is a nice standard size.

Also a chart on plier tips. Round nose are my most used and are perfect for pretty much any jewelry making. It is also good to invest in some nicer pliers that don't have ridges. They can leave marks on the metal. In my photos I am using a cheaper set that do have ridges. So I need to take my own advice. :) But if you are just starting out it may be best to get a cheaper set to experiment with.

1. Put the wire through the pendant and cut the wire leaving about the same amount on both sides. It is really just about guessing what you think it best. But leaving a little more is always nice since you can cut it down if you need too.

2. Take your round nose pliers and bend the wire inward.

3. This is what the wire will look like bend inward. Repeat for the other side.

4. I used a necklace I already own to measure the amount of chain I needed. Cut two pieces of chain the same length.

5. Open a jump ring by using both pliers and pulling in opposite directions.(Be gentle)

6. Place one end of the chain on the jump ring and on one side of the pendant.

7. Close the jump ring securely by bending the two sides together. Make sure there is no gap in the jump ring. Repeat to other side of pendant.

8.Open another jump ring and place the lobster clasp onto the jump ring. Place jump ring on the other end of the chain strand and close securely. Repeat with other jump ring on the other chain.

Here is the final product!!



Here are two other necklaces I made using other pendants. (You may recognize the small silver one that I wore in one of my OOTD)
I hope you enjoy your new necklace!

No comments:

Post a Comment